TIPS FOR STORING YOUR LUGGAGE IN VENICE

Venice- the city with 118 islands, and 417 bridges 72 of which are private has a lot to offer no matter of the low or high season.



Today I will share with you how I got to Venice and where I left my luggage for a day trip within the city.

I took the overnight train from Rome to Venice, however, I will admit this was not a brilliant idea. The slow train is not worth the traveling time and gets out all of your energy.

I booked my tickets with Loco2 as they had a better offer than TrenItalia. Book your trip as soon as you have decided on your dates because the prices are increasing tremendously from one day to another. It seems that they are subject to availability (for example, today you can get a ticket Rome-Venice for 9 euros and in a week it can go up to 50 euros). So, first, check Train Italia and if the options are not as expected, try some agencies, like Loco2.

Our train departed at 22:35 and arrived at 05:20. A bit early, huh? That's why I recommend departing at 06:35 and arriving at 10:35. There is a huge difference in train travel: almost 9 hours versus 4 hours.

Once you arrive in Venice, you need to leave your luggage somewhere, so you can get the best from your journey. The best and cheapest option is to go to 'Keep Calm Point''. This is a store near the train station and the guy from there can store your luggage in a separate room. The prices are amazing: 8 euros for a big luggage and 5 euros for a small one for the entire day.

You will receive a receipt and a tracking number, so make sure you keep it to have easier access to your things.

How to get there: exit the train station from the main entrance, make a left and you will see the first store on the corner, look for the sign ''Deposito Bagagli''. You also have access from track 1 inside the train station, make a right through the archway, and the store at the end of the street on the left is the one you are looking for.
The place is open from 9 am to 7 pm.

Another place to try is Venice Luggage Deposit, where the first luggage you check in is 6 euros and the second one is 5 euros. However, your bag should not be bigger than 170 cm.
The storage place is situated in the front of Hotel Canaletto.

Do you know easier or cheaper ways of keeping your luggage safe in Venice? Share your ideas with us!




Comments

  1. I found your blog while looking for day trips to Ireland and I am very impressed! Your guide gives me an excellent idea of how to get there and what to see. I am going to print this out and take it to Italy with me :-D

    Planning a trip to spain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW DID ROMANIA CHANGE THE WORLD?

HOW AMERICA IS DOING IT DIFFERENTLY

MARHABA, LET'S GO TO DUBAI!