HOW TO VISIT 6 EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WITH 165 EURO

I always wanted a long trip in Europe, keeping in mind that I already visited some countries. Moreover, I wanted to feel the travel ''print'' as I would train myself for a Trans-Mongolian journey.

Today I am back with a post on how to visit 6 countries spending 165 euros, creating a mix of plane tickets bookings with buses and trains.

The route is Romania-Italy-Germany-Poland-Czech Republic-Slovakia-Budapest-Romania.



The trip would start from Rome. If you are from Europe, for sure you can get cheap tickets to Italy (WizzAir, Easy Jet, Ryanair). For example, a ticket from Timisoara, Romania to Rome was 35 euro. If adding a big cabin luggage, the ticket price is 43 euro per person.


Here you have an itinerary I booked for myself for a 15-day trip for the 16th of December to the 1st of January.

Timisoara- Rome (flight)
Depart 16 Dec at 07:15
Arrive 16 Dec at 07:55
Price: 35 euros per person 

Rome-Venice (Santa Lucia station) (train)
Depart 19 Dec at 22:35
Arrive 20 Dec at 05:20
Price: 18 euros per person 

Venice-Berlin (flight)
Depart 20 Dec at 22:55
Arrive 20 Dec at 23:30
Price: 30 euros per person 

Berlin-Warsaw (train)
Depart 22 Dec at 12:37
Arrive 22 Dec at 18:10
Price: 29 euros per person 

Warsaw-Prague (bus)
Depart 23 Dec at 22:30
Arrive 24 Dec at 09:55
Price: 18 euros per person

Prague-Bratislava (bus)
Depart 27 Dec at 13:00
Arrive 27 Dec at 17:00
Price: 10 euros per person 

Bratislava- Budapest (bus)
Depart 29 Dec at 11:45
Arrive 29 Dec at 14:30
Price: 10 euros per person 

Budapest- Timisoara (train)
Depart 01 Jan  at 15:10
Arrive 01 Jan at 21:45
Price:15 euros per person

Keep in mind that when searching for trains to Venice you get the option of Santa Lucia and Mestre. The one you need is Santa Lucia, Mestre being outside of Venice.

As I visited Venice in 2014, I chose to spend just a day, arriving in the morning and departing at night.

I recommend booking tickets in advance for the routes within Italy because they are subject to availability (meaning if there are less on sale tickets, the price goes higher). For example, I missed the economy tickets for Rome-Venice when they were 9 euros per person, for the same train. 

Also, another good place for booking is http://www.trenitalia.com/ 

I will be back with pictures in December.

Do you intend of arranging a similar trip in Europe? Let me know and I am more than happy to help.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW DID ROMANIA CHANGE THE WORLD?

HOW AMERICA IS DOING IT DIFFERENTLY

MARHABA, LET'S GO TO DUBAI!